Monday, May 10, 2010

Published Author


I sat at a table with an author. We were both attending a writing conference. Someone came over and interrupted us.
"Would you please talk about your book?" she asked me.
I stared at her in confusion. Then she handed me a book. It had my name as the author. She led me to a table in front of the crowd. Six to seven people sat at the table, smiling at me. One was a friend, Tristi. "Why don't you tell us about your book?"
I looked at the thing in my hand. I couldn't believe I had a published book! I looked at the audience and told them it was a story told from the view point of a girl in the Willie Handcart company.
I glanced around and several hands were up. One asked who published my book. I looked at the book spine and read 'Walnut Press.' I apologized that I knew nothing more. I had sent in my manuscript several months before and had never heard back until today. I opened the book and skimmed and page; it had grammar mistakes. Another page reveled sentence structure problems and so forth. I looked at Tristi and laughed.
"There are a few mistakes in here, but I can only get better with each book, right?"
She grinned at me and nodded.

My subconscious at work :)
Interp:
Book
To see books in your dream, indicates calmness. You are moving toward your goals at a slow and steady pace.�Books also symbolize knowledge, intellect, information and wisdom. Consider the type of book for additional clues. The dream may represent your calling into a specific field of work or an area that you need to devote more study to.

Author
To see an author at work in your dream, signifies that your mind is preoccupied over some literary work that you or your associates is working on.
To dream that you are an author, indicates that you are expressing your opinions. Others are paying attention to what you have to say.

Table
To see a table in your dream, represents social unity and the potential for a meeting or gathering.
Friend
To see friends in your dream, signifies aspects of your personality that you have rejected, but are ready to incorporate and acknowledge these rejected aspects of yourself. The relationships you have with those around you are important in learning about yourself. Additionally, this symbol foretells of happy tidings from them and the arrival of good news.� (Tristi works @ a publishing co.)
Microphone
To see a microphone in your dream, suggests that you need to be more assertive and forceful. You need to voice your opinions more strongly and make your views known.
Audience
To dream that you are in front of an audience, represents the world around you and it is paying close attention to your actions. Alternatively, it suggests your fears of having your personal feelings and private thoughts discovered or revealed. (I'm worried I'll turn out to be a fraud and my books stupid)


Dreams r yours

No comments:

Post a Comment